Vary the amount of curry to taste. On Sunday, I used the equivalent of about 1-1/2 T curry paste in this recipe. Traditionally, thai curry would use all coconut milk, but using half coconut milk and half stock makes it a little less rich. Traditional thai curry also uses fish paste, but I left it out to make it vegetarian. You can use any appropriate vegetables. I used red peppers to add to the redness, but the cherry tomatoes are always a great touch. If you work quickly, you can complete the curry in a half hour, while the rice is cooking.
1 to 2 T Thai red curry paste
1c coconut milk
1c stock (vegetable or chicken)
1/2t palm sugar (you can use regular sugar if you must)
1 carrot, sliced at an angle
1 red onion, sliced in strips
1 red pepper, sliced in strips
1/2 lb green beans, trimmed and cut in half
1/2 lb tofu or chicken
16 cherry tomatoes
1c jasmine rice, cooked separately
1. Sauté onion for 5 minutes.
2. Push onions to side, add curry paste and stir, sauté one more minute.
3. Add coconut milk, broth, sugar.
4. Bring to a boil & simmer 2 minutes
5. Add veg and protein and simmer 10-20 min.
6. Add cherry tomatoes, cook 2 more minutes, taste and add salt if needed, and serve with rice.
2-4 radishes, sliced in disks or half or quarter moons depending on size.
1-2 scallions, white part, minced
1/4 avocado, diced very small
2T olive oil
Combine radishes, scallions and avocado and toss well.
Squeeze lemon juice over salad, drizzle on oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
–Prepared with our help by Phil on May 27, 2012